What should we bring to the weekend?
Please be sure to bring the following items with you:
• Comfortable casual clothing, to include workout/swimwear clothing for use during Saturday afternoon break
• Toiletries, medicines and other personal items
• A snack and drink (e.g., soft drink, juice) to place on the shared snack table which will be available in the conference room
• Any snack or drink items for your own personal consumption
What supplies does EE provide for the weekend?
The following items will be provided on the weekend. You do NOT need to bring these items:
• Room with linens (sheets, pillows, blankets, etc.) • Notebook and pen
What time should we arrive?
Please arrive between 7:00 and 7:30 if at all possible. The weekend will begin at 8:00 p.m. Because we are on a tight schedule, we cannot wait for couples who arrive late. If there is an emergency and you must be late, please call a presenting couple’s cell phone (from your earlier phone conversation with them) or call the hotel.
What time does the weekend end?
The weekend typically ends, with a closing Mass, between 1 and 2 pm on Sunday. In special or unusual circumstances, our schedule may change, but the weekend should still run no later no 2 pm.
Do we have to stay for the entire weekend?
It is very important that you stay for the entire weekend. If you arrive late or leave early you will miss important parts of the weekend experience, and we will not be able to give you your weekend certificate verifying your attendance.
Are there any ground rules for the weekend?
Yes, we do ask that you observe a few basic rules.
• Please refrain from the use of illegal drugs
• Please stay in your assigned room
• Please do not leave the weekend, for any reason, unless an emergency arises. If you need to leave, please speak to one of the team members.
Will dinner be served on Friday evening?
No, dinner will not be served on Friday. The hotel dining room is open Friday evening if you desire to eat dinner prior to the beginning of the weekend. On Saturday, three meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be served. On Sunday, two meals (breakfast and lunch) will be served.
Can you accommodate my special diet needs?
Special diet needs can be accommodated by the hotel staff. Please let a presenting team member know your special needs on Friday night if not before.
Will I have a roommate?
Yes, you will have a roommate of the same sex.
What will my room be like?
Your room will be a typical hotel room with 2 double beds, bathroom facilities, linens, etc.
What should we wear?
Dress for the entire weekend is casual. Please dress comfortably. While you are welcome to do so, there is no need to change for dinner or Mass.
Where can I smoke?
All of our facilities prohibit smoking. You may, however, smoke in the designated area outside of the building.
Will we have much free time this weekend?
No, the weekend is designed to be intense so that you can spend as much concentrated time together as possible preparing for your marriage. You may find that we stay up later and get up earlier than you typically would on a weekend. Time permitting; we will have a break on Saturday afternoon.